We offer part-time online unpaid internships for three months and six-month full-time internships with stipend. These can be undertaken from any location, though candidates from the US east coast may not be accepted in some portfolios, due to time differences.
We invite applications across our portfolios (macroeconomy; trade; scitech; agriculture and fisheries; energy and environment; social policy, governance and law). If positions become available, successful interns may be offered part-time or full-time analyst positions on finalising their internships.
Candidates must have strong written English, exceptional attention to detail, good organisational skills and ability to work under minimal supervision. China Policy offers interns and analysts a unique opportunity to develop their writing and analysis skills and leverage their China qualifications to boost competitiveness in applications for top grad schools.
If you would like to join us, please send your CV and a cover letter indicating your preferred portfolio/s and availability to email@example.com. We will let you know what is available, and you can follow up with a completed exercise. We are happy to agree on internships for upcoming academic break periods well in advance.
- analyse and assess policy movement across sectors
- summarise and translate policy-relevant articles from Chinese to English
- draft policy analysis
- undertake sector-specific project work
knowledge and skills
- enthusiasm, flexibility and ability to take intiative
- outstanding academic achievement at BA or MA level
- eye for detail and clear communicator
- ability to produce work to a set schedule
- strong China studies background an advantage
- native-level Chinese
- professional standard English (see below for minimum scores)
- ability to search online in Chinese
minimum English language requirement
TOEFL 25 writing, overall score 105+; IELTS 7.0 writing, overall score 7.5+
Please kindly submit all documents in PDF format. Successful interns may be offered part-time or full-time analyst positions if suitable positions are available.